Title: Project Director
Reports To: CEO
Hours per week: 40
Master’s degree in Social Work or related field. Licensed by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences or Board of Psychology Must have at least 5 years’ experience providing clinical Mental Health services. Must have 5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience. Must have at least one-year experience working with behavioral health populations including homeless persons with co-occurring disorders. Must be experienced working with low income, diverse population including persons affected upon by mental illness, substance use and incarceration.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to provide effective leadership to administrative and clinical staff. Must be skilled in working as a team and possess strong communication and advocacy skills. Must be a champion of healthy lifestyles and preventative care. Be able to work within a system of electronic record keeping and medical records assuring a comprehensive health history and up to date health and medication information is recorded in the consumer’s electronic health record. Must have valid California Driver’s license and the availability of a car with adequate insurance.
Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
Supervises the members of the CCBHC Team: Therapist, Case manager, Nurse- LPT, Employment Specialist, Housing Specialist, Substance Use Counselor, Peer Counselor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements, supervises and monitor’s day to day program activities and staff
- Ensures all program components and Evidence Based Practices (EBP) are implemented
- Ensures staff are trained in the selected EBPs and that fidelity to established protocols is maintained
- Ensures all Data Collection instruments are completed within specified time frames
- Completes and submits all required reports and reporting procedures
- Conducts Needs Assessment and works with the management team to develop, refine and implement sustainability plan
- Develops systems, policies and procedures for all aspects of the SCHARP CCBHC Services Program, including outreach, intake, service planning, development, and linkages to other resources. Ensure systems and policies and procedures facilitate the smooth operation of the program, both administratively and clinically. Ensures that these policies and procedures are instituted and maintained
- In conjunction with the SCHARP Management Team, plans and implements relevant inservice training for the staff; provides in-service training and identified outside resources as needed
- Develops and implements systems that ensure that all contract requirements are met, such as billings, service authorizations and notifications to governmental or funding entities
- Provide services with a strong behavioral health recovery orientation, cultural sensitivity, and awareness of the unique needs of the population of focus; homeless persons with cooccurring disorder transitioning from jail to the community
- Required to travel locally and out of state to participate in conferences, workshops and training