Title: Case Manager
Accountability: Project Director
A minimum of a Associates Degree in mental health or related field. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field preferred. Must have at least four years experience working with behavioral health populations including persons with SPMI. Must be experienced working with low income, diverse population including persons impacted upon by mental illness. The Integrated Care Manager must be experienced with the care and management of chronic health conditions.
Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of treatment care resources as well as available levels of care, ability to relate effectively with behavioral health and medical treatment providers, including PBHCI consumers, family members and other professionals. Must be authorized to drive and have a valid license. Excellent PC Skills
Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Case Manager will be responsible for the assessment and case management of the CCBHC program consumers to ensure appropriate level of care and develop a consumer centric plan of care.
- Willing to be trained and function as a Health Navigator for CCBHC clients. This includes specific Health Navigation training as well as training in specific Evidenced Based Practices (EBP) as required by the program services.
- This is a position that will require the candidate to travel regionally to meet with consumers and their families.
- Participates in assessment of consumer needs and develops a consumer centered individual plan of care (IPOC) to address identified needs. Utilizes whole person focus when assessing needs including behavioral, physical, psychosocial, and activities of daily living.
- Develops, coordinates and assists with implementation and facilitation of services for integrated care program consumers as defined by the individual plan of care.
- Responsible for facilitating and coordinating with the inter-disciplinary treatment team (ITT) to review the IPOC and ensure access to services and active care team participation.
- Collaborates with the integrated care program consumer/family, physician and all members of the healthcare team, both internally and externally.
- Coordinates the delivery of high quality-cost effective care based on the consumers’ needs and the integrated care services model supported by clinical practice guidelines established by the plan.
- Advocates for the integrated care program consumer/family among various sites to coordinate resource utilization and evaluation of services.
- To provide services with a strong recovery orientation, cultural sensitivity, and awareness of the unique needs of the SPMI population.
- To work within a system of fully electronic record keeping and medical records assuring a comprehensive health history and up to date health and medication information is recorded in the consumer’s electronic health record.
- To attend ongoing training as appropriate.
- To perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.