Title: Peer Position
Reports To: Project Director
Hours per week: 40
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. OR
- In order to provide additional support and meaningful connection to clients, the Peer position will have lived experience of incarceration and successful reentry. Knowledge of managing a psychiatric disorder, and 12-step programs and all aspects of recovery from substance abuse is helpful.
Skills and Abilities
- Work within a system of fully electronic record keeping and medical records assuring a comprehensive health history and up to date health and medication information is recorded in the consumer’s electronic health record
- Must have valid California Driver’s license and the availability of a car with adequate insurance.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Program Director performs peer mentoring and case management functions.
- Accompanies CCBHC participants to needed linkages/ resources in the community to provide support and ensure the linkage is made.
- Conducts outreach to potential clients in jail system.
- Provide or arrange for individual and group wellness services/presentations on topics such as smoking cessation, nutrition, exercise, weight management, and STD and substance abuse education.
- Provide services for clients as a part of the CCBHC Team using evidenced based practices of CORS, SBIRT, Seeking Safety, Housing First, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Provide services with a strong behavioral health recovery orientation, cultural sensitivity, and awareness of the unique needs of the population of focus; homeless persons with co-occurring disorder transitioning from jail to the community.
- May be required to travel locally and out of state to participate in conferences, workshops and training.
- To attend ongoing training as appropriate.
- To perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.